Since the start of the New year, many eyes are on the milk and dairy markets. Tiffany LaMendola of dairy consultancy Blimling and Associates have outlined the five milk market factors for 2018.
1. The European Union
There are increased outputs among dairy farmers over the past several years. EU milk production is 6.8 times larger than New Zealand's milk production, and it continues to grow. Hence, higher the inclination and favorable decision-making towards clinging to the EU market.
2. U.S. Milk Production
The milk which American dairy farmers produce has continued to become soar. Production was up nearly 2% in September 2017 and 1.4% in October 2017.
3. Dairy Producer Margins
LaMendola says that profit margins do not look too terrible. Although they are below the farmer expectations, it is still important to note that there are more fabulous highlights of profit-margins being extremely regional. It has been found that California continues to show a decline in the production of milk & dairy products, which has lead to negative margins.
Currently, the domestic market for milk is not too helpful. While dairy fat had boosted local application for several months, it seems to be flattening out now. Instead, yogurt, another highly demanded milk & dairy product and a huge driver of domestic milk demand has also flatlined. So, it's clear and comes as no surprise that fluid consumption continues to decline. Moreover, export sales have held up over the past year and export sales are not enough to prop up milk prices because of the global oversupply of milk.
Not only is there a global glut of milk, but milk powder stocks are soaring as well. There is also an imbalance in the demand and supply of milk in the markets. LaMendola says massive stocks of milk & dairy products around the world are putting pressure on prices. Even cheese, another favorite milk and dairy product, has been trading in a range and faced price pressure.…
Leather goods never go out of trend, especially accessories like briefcases, suitcases, jackets, footwear, and more. In the leather goods segment, bags or handbags are the most popular and the top-selling items and are expected to have significant growth, mainly because of two reasons
(1) the rise in the number of women working these days
(2) the increasing purchasing power of consumers.
The overall global leather goods market is forecasted to reach USD 121.16 billion by 2022 at a CAGR of 4.47% during this period. It is a highly advanced and growing market in which retail stores hold the dominant share of over 90%, but, with the emerging growth in e-commerce - there is an existing threat from online sales, which will increase during the same period.
Industry Structure and updates
As the competition is high in the industry, leather bags and handbags retailers need to regularly think of new strategies like expansion and acquisition, to be able to increase market presence and expand the customer base.
Drivers and constraints
Global economic power and a higher disposable income are two significant drivers in the leather bags & handbags industry, both, in the domestic and international markets.
The input costs for leather products have increased, which has declined the profit margins. The amounts in this market can be high, especially for the luxury leather products, which does not target on a vast consumer base, which can sometimes cause a constraint in this market.
What do retailers and manufacturers need to understand?
• There needs to be a good understanding about how to perk up the leather production process from when it is at the raw stage up to the finishing
• Quality management of leather, how to select the right tanners, leather grading, measures to improve the cost efficiency of leather
• Managing the supply chain in a better way
• Improving quality control
Consumer electronics (CE) is an industry which is not just vast and profitable but is also continually evolving because both, new and existing companies keep introducing new products and technologies to the market. Smart TV, streaming media players, wireless headphones and Bluetooth speakers, we all come under and are somehow part of the audio and video product segment within this industry.
In 2015, the size of the global earphones and headphones market valued at USD 8.7 billion. The current hype persisting in the earphone & headphone industry is not a fad; it's the future of the industry. The rise in its purchase is because several people are tethered to their smart devices, such as music players, mobiles, and tablets, for a significant portion of their day, primarily, for listening music, watching videos, or playing games.
The number of Headphones and Microphones sold worldwide has increased from 236 million in 2013 to an estimate of 334 million in 2016. Bluetooth headsets are the number one choice among the wearable devices worldwide, and there is a prediction the will maintain the leadership position in the coming years too. In 2015, even the shipments of Bluetooth headsets worldwide rose from approximately 116 million units, to nearly 140 million units by 2017. Sony, Phillips, Apple, Sennheiser, Bose, and Skullcandy are some of the leading headphone and headset brands in the headphone/headset market and are continually looking for ways to bring in new advancements, through different researches.
These statistics above show the global unit sales of headphones/headsets from 2013 to 2017. USD 368 million headphones µphones were forecasted to be sold worldwide in 2017, and the numbers are likely to continue rising.
Food is part of our daily lives. What we eat is important, and consumers are nowadays seeking more information about their food, including questions about their origin - where it comes from and how it is produced. In fact, it would be entirely relevant to say that food is becoming less of a commodity and more of a specific, individual choice.
Producers and processors are responding to these evolving demands by offering more choices and niche products. There are also increasing choices on where food can be purchased - from smaller-footprint neighborhood shops to big-box stores.
Increasing choice - how are producers responding?
The challenge becomes balancing the costs of choice and the value that decision brings forth. Retailers, food services, processors, and producers need to determine which products and services to develop and offer, as well as asking the question: "How much choice do consumers want?"
There are significantly positive and negative implications on supply-chain, arising from providing more variety but then the question arises: Do consumers want more choice of standard food products, or do they want entirely different foodstuffs?
Antibiotic use in meat production
The World Health Organization has emphasized on the reduction of the use of antibiotics in meat production, particularly in making the animals healthy. What needs to be considered is the fact that it requires a lot of care to strike the right balance among human health needs, consumer preference and animal health.
The Alternate to Proteins
It is seen as a trend, that a considerable number of consumers are trying to get more plant-based proteins into their diet – It might not just have come alongside the news of antibiotic use in production, but because, people have their minds-set more towards consuming vegetarian products as they contribute well towards a healthier lifestyle. However, there is still a chunk of the audience which is obsessed with flavors and aromatics of the cuisine they eat.
These are the primary receptors of the food market. The producers should be able to communicate directly with; through personal interactions, mass marketing, and social media as they are the most-used platforms which are playing a significant role in molding consumer choices and their thinking about food or what they buy at the grocery stores.…
Low Maintenance Alternative To Wood
PVC or Polyvinyl chloride has long been recognized as one of the most durable and one among the best building materials which are very installer-friendly. Cellular PVC trim is also not a new idea and existed since 1970. Among homeowners and building professionals, they are a popular choice, and many recent developments in manufacturing techniques and processing aids are used to enhance the usage of Cellular PVC Products.
Why Homeowners Love Them?
• It is virtually maintenance free
• Complements all exterior cladding materials, including vinyl, wood, concrete, fiber cement, and brick
• It is lightweight and durable
• It can be easily installed using ordinary woodworking tools
A choice for Architects and Builders too?
• It can be heated and formed into curved shapes for architectural windows and custom designs
• Cellular PVC products have advantages over solid rigid vinyl
• For many applications - An excellent substitute for wood products
Cellular PVC Vs. Solid – What's the better choice to make?
It is less dense than solid rigid PVC and also more economical. With the surging of wood rates, it is also a more cost-effective, eco-friendly and better substitute than many other available choices. It is maintenance free, rot resistance, requiring no priming or painting. When compared to pine, they outperform regarding strength, water absorption and resistance to burning.
Why PVC Pipes?
In 2014, a survey by Think Pipes Think PVC in which 100 industry professionals including engineers, architects, and builders; expressed their views about what factors are most important when choosing PVC pipe materials for Stormwater, DWV/ Sewerage, and Clean Water projects.
1. Lower cost of PVC Pipes
PVC Pipes are significantly lower in price and efficient in usage. Carefully calculate all installation costs, weight, and transportation expenses.
2. Proven Longevity
A few overseas studies have shown that the life expectancy of PVC pipes is more than 110 years and there is an established performance record of over 50 years in Australia.
3. Corrosion Resistance
Unlike metal piping, PVC pipes are usually rust-free and do not corrode over time because it does not react with air and water the way metal does, resulting in a longer lifetime.
Often, leaks and breaks in old-technology pipe materials threaten our ability to provide safe drinking water and essential sanitation services both today and in future generations.…
According to Seimens, "Many factories will be underground, out of sight, and highly automated. By 2060 – In 50 years, a new world of manufacturing will be experienced, with thousands of humans competing in a global co-creation environment for cash prizes to design specialized components that can be 3D printed in such facilities or at customer locations".
The industrial Automation Industry is among the various ones that experienced substantial growth and investments both, over the years, mainly due to its constant efforts to keep striving hard. One of the essential benefits of Office Automation Products & Devices is the reduction in the use of labor.Also, there is an increase in the precision, quality, and accuracy of any system. Automation is a rapidly growing fad, industries are becoming quite dependable on them, and the spread can is visible in sectors like mechanical, hydraulics, airplanes, computers and many others.
Here are some new trends in the automation trends, which, if followed meticulously, can upgrade businesses and even set them apart from their competitors.
1. Data Visualization for Analysis
Making sense of this mountain of information remains a challenge. Therefore, through Office Automation Products & Devices it's easier and less expensive than ever to collect, transmit and store data. The newest trend in this area, are tools allowing end users to visualize the data, without requiring the assistance of programmers to interact with the information source.
2. 3D Printing
It is one of the biggest blessings enhancing modern industrial lifestyle and a remarkable revolution in the industry. In 2017, Siemens achieved a breakthrough in the 3D printing of gas turbine blades. For the first time, a team of experts has full-load tested gas turbine blades that were entirely produced using additive manufacturing. For some businesses, 3D printing most often makes sense as a substitute for custom parts produced in small quantities, usually by hand. Through this exciting technology is changing the way we manufacture by reducing the lead time for prototype development upto 90 percent.
3. Wireless Sensors
There is an increase in installing more and more wireless sensors, wireless pressure, flow, level, temperature, and others. These sensors are helping companies implement big data strategies, making sure they don't get left behind by more astute competitors.…
The trends related to personal protective equipment are particularly of high concern to PPE manufacturers who like equipped with the knowledge of what's ahead in the industry?
Health and safety play a significant role in developing good cordial relations between workers and their employers.
At present, three questions need to be answered by any PPE manufacturer, concerning the health and safety equipment and systems at work and here's how experts from the International Safety Equipment Association, responded:
1. What are PPE trends happening now?
• The most important factor is to choose the right PPE for the job which is an ongoing problem across all industries. Many employees do not follow the rules intentionally and don't wear the PPE supplied by their employer.
• Those who are designing, producing and purchasing PPE, don't just need to understand employees' needs concerning the well-being and comfort but also the hazards that they can face. One size does not fit all, and worker engagement and involvement during product development is critical.
• As manufacturers attempt to help reduce accidents between pedestrians and powered industrial trucks, there is a visible trend of increased use of high-visibility clothing inside the factory which is essential.
2. What challenges are customers facing and even reaching you out with them?
• Companies trying to simplify PPE purchasing often try to find one cut-resistant glove that meets the highest cut hazard faced in their manufacturing operation.
• More requests for education and clarification regarding PPE for high-visibility disposable garments are seen.
3. What are the technological innovations trending?
• Innovation is continuing with synthetic fibers that enable development of work gloves, protective sleeves, and garments that offer maximum cut protection in thinner, more comfortable and more durable styles.
• There is a higher demand for garments that offer coolness, enhanced comfort, more durability and more protection for more area of the body.
The overall Oils, Grease and Lubricants industry, particularly one in the Saudi sector has experienced a steady development from the immense support gained via the government because it considers profitable to invest here since growth prospects are higher regarding achieving strategic and economic objectives of the Kingdom.
Efforts and developments need to be concentrated in the creation of required infrastructure, the establishment of industrial cities all over the Kingdom.
Uses of Lubricants
For lubricating internal combustion engines in different types of automotive, engine oils are widely used. Even, for applications, such as wear reduction, corrosion protection, and ensuring smooth operation of the engine internals.
The oils function by creating a thin film between the moving parts for enhancing heat transfer and reducing tension during contact of the parts.
How To Get Success in sales
For businesses to achieve success in the oil & lubricants sector, here are some note-worthy points.
• Identify strategic regions that you would like to start with, take baby steps before you develop an international presence.
• Gather relevant and strong intelligence about your current competitive positioning and do your business’s SWOT.
• Consideration of the pros and cons of a relatively small set of strategic actions, to help improve that position, and the advancement of a set of recommendations based on this analysis. For example: In North America and Europe the lubricants market is rather flat- so you should look into the market development within the BRICS countries. (Countries such as Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, and Angola are becoming market players and Now is a great time to get the ball rolling by moving your products into these new territories).
• Be creative and identify a niche segment. Choose main market segments such as marine, automotive power generation, etc.
• Understand the customers and their purchasing power.
Some Important tips:
• Thoroughly identify the significant competitors in the Oils, Grease & Lubricants market.
• The end-user isn't spoiled with a consultative selling approach.
• Find and work with people who have a great passion for their industry (Oils, Grease & Lubricants).
In 2017, the construction industry witnessed an all-time high and is anticipated to be even stronger in 2018, and we have already started to get the feeler. Dodge data & analytics have reported that the industry will rise and expand their staffs and even enhance the usage of raw materials like marble, granite and stones for maintaining a healthy reputation.
Here are the top 3 commercial construction trends worth keeping an eye on in 2018:
1. Continued Labor Shortages
A recession leading to labor shortages is likely to stay in the industry in 2018 as firms struggle to maintain a balance between the skilled workers they employ and their spending. In 2017, the construction industry created about 210,000 jobs and a recent reduction in corporate tax rates is forecasted to develop better training programs to employ more workers to the industry and also by increasing wages to attract them.
2. Offsite Construction
A few years ago hiking interest rates were like an open warning, but now it has become less risky as there are renewed interest rates. For most clients, the big draw of offsite construction is the condensed construction schedule. Building in a controlled environment means there will be no delays due to changing weather conditions and there is a much safer environment for workers since it eliminates many hazards existing in traditional construction sites.
Although technological proliferation has been slow in the construction industry, it is already solving some major problems like safety, productivity, and labor shortages.
• They are using equipment which is autonomous, for earthmoving and site work operations.
• Robots are handling monotonous, repetitive tasks like laying bricks and tying rebar.
• Building Information Modeling (BIM) and other construction software are being integrated with virtual and augmented reality to help visualize projects, perform clash detections before construction, increase productivity and improve communication and collaboration.
• VR simulators are also being used to train construction workers on heavy equipment.
• Wearables for monitoring workers to keep them safe as well as track movement to improve productivity is another tech-friendly trend to keep an eye on in 2018.
E-commerce has revolutionized how artisans and makers sell their handmade items. It has become increasingly more comfortable for creative DIY entrepreneurs to build and grow a handmade goods business, from scratch, online.
Merchants that create their leather goods and accessories by hand invest much more in their products. They are passionate about them and pour their heart, soul, and energy into each item they produce.
So, for some artisans, it might not just be a business opportunity or the opportunity to make a living or side-income from their passion. Instead, they may see it as an opportunity to build a real brand from their creations, not just selling one-off products. The key here is - to pay attention to detail and be as organized as possible to work towards your passion which is a unique idea in the market.
Some entrepreneurs have turned their passion into an online store, trying to penetrate in the markets, building their brand, their identity, product values – rightly - Right from scratch! Thereby, achieving a competitive edge.
Competing with large businesses is not their primary goal. The purpose is their passion, and they strive hard towards it each day. When starting a new business, our recommendation is first to create a product and business model , if not done yet. It is not required to reinvent the wheel at this point, but it is how you use your creativity to establish something that is genuinely different, and unique.
Along with all this, having a professional website and being very active on social media, even planning for the possibility of your product gaining quick popularity can be very successful. Focus on networking (online & physically) and build online or social media communities. With all this, do your best to accommodate towards the demand and always remember - just because you start off small doesn't mean you should think small. Think big, and others will feel the same about your business.…